7.30.2009

Summer highlights

4th of July
We had a nice day of swimming, lounging around, and a yummy steak dinner. The girls (and my dad) all went to the fireworks at the Sunbowl while the boys stayed home to do their own fireworks. [lame]. Of course the night was topped off with patriotic fruit pizza (and a little game of poker for the boys).

.....
Grandma's 80th Birthday Celebration
Grandma Vonda turned 80 on June 8th. We had a huge carnival-type birthday party for her. My grandma loves games and get-together's like this so it was right up her alley. My mom and dad and some aunts & uncles did a lot of planning and threw together quite the party! Most of the Larson family came and the Ivory's even came down for the occasion. We had a yummy lunch and then played carnival games. There was everything from face-painting to ring tossing. The kids had a blast. Oh and I forgot to mention the wind blew all of the little tent booths down! It looked so cute before. Dang wind! Nonetheless it was lots of fun.

My sister's and I were in charge of face painting. We came up with the idea of using stamps and then painting them. It worked great! Check out grandma with a cute birthday cake on her cheek!

The Larson Family: Linda, Carl, Larry, Diane, John, Sheila, Wendy, and of course Grandpa & Grandma



Love this picture. Grandma & Grandpa pulling all their kids on the 4-wheeler train.

.....
My 25th Birthday
We had a yummy dinner at Samurai 21 and then opened presents and ate cake & ice cream at my parents. It was a fun day!





.....
Memorial Day & lounging by the pool
May and June were awesome weather! We did a lot of swimming and playing games by the pool. Poker has been a favorite game all summer. I've gotten pretty good at it but the boys are the ones to mostly play. 




I love these pics of Chloe. She is such a funny little doggy.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Looks like you have been having a fun summer. I can't wait to see pics of that sweet little baby, hang in there girl. Tell Mel I love and miss her!

Nielsen Family said...

Ah how fun! I love your family parties. What a great summer and the best is still to come!!! Yeah Whitney! Come on girl we're waitin!

Julie said...

I love your grandma vonda. One of the nicest grandma's I know. Always has a hug to give. What a fun celebration. And congrats on the anniversary. What a special one with baby's arrival so soon.

hoLLY said...

you guys are having a great summer!!! miss you cant wait to meet baby chong!!!

Erin said...

What a fun summer re-cap! I LOVED all of your pictures Heidi. You guys are always having so much fun. You are the best party planners ever!

I also LOVE that pregnant pic of you and Ryan. What a perfect shot. You look beautiful!