4.08.2008

New Job

So I've waited to post this because I didn't feel comfortable telling the whole world where I'd be working - hence going private. So I got a job at a place called Cinnamon Hills. It is a facility for troubled teens (depressed, addicts, hellions.. you name it). I am working part time and "as needed" right now so I'll still be able to watch my little twin babies. Anyways, my job entails passing meds to the students, making sure they don't "cheek" their meds, and listening to all their complaints about being sick - (sore throat, cough, rashes...anything they can complain about, they do)! But I think it will be a really good job for me. Actually when they hired me they said their only concern is that I am too nice! Ha. They said I'd have to be pretty stern and tough with the kids and not let them walk all over me. So far so good. I've just been training and maybe I'll start working on my own next week! Also, I applied for the "New Graduate Residency Program" at the hospital and they called me for an interview! If I get accepted to that, I will start in June - working full time doing rotations through the hospital for 12 weeks. When that is done, I'm guaranteed a job at the hospital. Hopefully I'll still be able to work at Cinnamon Hills when they need me. So I just wanted to keep you all updated on my job status! There you have it.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I am doing well. Counting the weeks until Adam is done with school which also means I am counting down the weeks until I can quit my restaurant career. I love that you're going to be working with the troubled teens. Tanya can give you lessons on how to be mean. Shoot, she did that for like 2-3 years. You cannot trust those buggars!

Alexis said...

How can Tanya give her lessons if Tanya is MIA? Ha ha...

Love you, and glad things are going well!

Heath & Ege said...

Congrats again on the job Heids! That's funny they said you were "too nice" I thought that when I started reading your blog!! haha.It will be good for you and stand your ground! Give 'em some attitude! It'll be good for them! haha. Love ya

Anonymous said...

So cool Heids! I am so glad for you and the interview with the hospital! I would love to see you be mean...a day to remember! Keep us updated on the job stuff and glad you went private...good move!

Cassidy Legg said...

YEAH! you got the job! Like you wouldnt... I hear the HR lady is a big meanie...

No really congrats!

Gretchen said...

WOW!! What a job! You do seem way to nice for that!! I am sure you will be amazing at it just like you are with everything else you do!! You are the cutest girl ever! Congrats!! That is so good that you can still work with the twins, too!! Will you be sooo tired?? You are quite the go getter!

Hillary said...

So do you work with Penny? My mom fills in for Cinnamon Hills, when she comes down on Holiday Weekends. Hope you like it! So when is your interview for the hospital PCA?

Erin said...

Heidi-
What a little career woman you are. I'm so proud of you! You will be amazing wherever you work. Congrats!!!

Emily said...

Working at Cinnamon Hills should be "fun". Natalie and Cory, Angie and her husband Darin, my step sister, and my cousins husband all worked at the one my step family set up. The girls can be so sneaky and try to prey on your emotions. I hope you can handle liars, because that's what so many of them do. (Don't let Haylee get a job there, she may go postal)

stefanie said...

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like it should keep you entertained for sure and how perfect that you still get to watch the cute little twins!

Skye said...

heidi thats great! I can't wait until its my turn to be out in the career field! Anyway congrats sound like it is a great opportunity!

cami said...

That is exciting to start working at what you went to school for.

Sherie said...

Congratulations Heidi...you are just what they need! Good Luck with your interview at the hospital...your a "shoe in" for sure...They need great nurses like you!

Natalie said...

Heidi,
I've worked at a troubled youth home for the last 4 1/2 years - it's so great getting to know the youth, but they can be very sneaky! I had one student "cheek" her meds on me once and she got so sick to her stomach! I guess it was "karma" for doing wrong. I hope you like it there - that's so awesome that you are finally doing what you love!

Mickell said...

Wow! Congrats! You will do great there! I bet it will be a huge eye opener, but it will be good! Good luck!