Oh where oh where can it be?
So I've totally been out of the blogging scene for a while, if you haven't noticed. :) Life has been pretty busy for me the last few weeks. I started at the hospital doing the residency program - The first week was solid orientation (5 days of sitting and listening). It was pretty exhausting and quite the information overload. I've been working 12-hour shifts on the cardiovascular unit and it's gone fairly well. It's just a huge adjustment to be working so much! This week I start on Mom/Baby (postpartum). I think it will be a good experience. (Update: went today and I'm already more baby hungry than before...great).
I never did write about my birthday. We had a family party on the day between mine and Amber's birthday. It was so much fun and I got some great presents...clothes, shoes, sunglasses, a purse & jewelry. I loved it all and thank you everyone who spoiled me! On my birthday, I got my hair cut and then we had a little family lunch at Riverwalk Grill. And then for dinner, Ryan and I went with Mark and Katie to Red Lobster. It was fun and delicious.
Just some things we've been up to lately...we went to the Kalai concert out at Stahlie barn a couple weeks ago. There were a few bands that played before Kalai. It was fun at first, and the wind even died down for a while. But by the time Kalai started to play it was past 10 pm and the wind really picked up. Kalai's songs weren't anything that I expected. He did sing "on my mind" but it even sounded a little different. The best part was probably when he sang "come together" by the Beatles. To be honest, I was pretty disappointed with the rest though. We ended up leaving before he was even done because it was almost midnight and windy/cold. It was fun visiting with Logan & Natalie and having the whole fam together though!
This last weekend was awesome. My friend Kristy from Ogden came to visit on Friday. She brought her friend Nichole with her and it was so fun being with them. Melanie and Clint took us to the lake on Friday evening and we had an absolute blast. Kristy, Nichole, and my friend Natalie all got to come too! The highlight was when I got up wakeboarding for the FIRST time in my life. I've never gotten up on skis or anything of the sort. So it was a huge accomplishment! I got up the very first time I tried and a couple times after that. It was pretty dang cool. (Pictures to follow).
On Saturday I got to go to Les Miserables with Alexis! It was so great seeing her. Kristy and Nichole got tickets too. We all met at Rio for some grub and then headed out to Tuchs. Alexis had 3 of her roommates & her mom... and then it was Haylee, Kristy, Nichole and Me. Alexis had front row seats so it was amazing. The play was AWESOME...seriously SO good! I think everyone needs to see it that can. I already can't wait to go again!
So we're back at square one with Ryan's job status. He decided that Northwestern Mutual wasn't working out. It's just so hard right now with the economy and he was having a hard time finding clients. So we're on the look-out for a new job...and man is St. George hard to find a job in! If anyone hears of anything, please let us know!
So there you have it...an update of our exciting lives. :) I'll try to be better at keeping up with the blog. It's just hard during the summer I guess. I will get pictures added to this post soon...I'm just waiting to get them off Haylee's camera!



8 comments:
So happy that the blog was updated! Boating was a blast...next time Logan will be there! Also, Sunday night was fun, thanks for the great friendship! I am so proud of you and the wakeboard...you were amazing! See you tomorrow and we will plan our lunch date then! Love you lots!
So fun to see a new blog post. I know you've been busy, but I always go and check your blog, JUST IN CASE! How fun today to see a new post! I'm so proud of you with your jobs and know that it's tough entering the world of FULL time employment (and then some). Keep up the good work, I know you're doing an awesome job! Loves!
yay! I have missed your posts! Crazy month for you.
Well I can always help you guys at US Bank. I don't know what they have right now but its at least finance related and not commission based.
Yea...you're back! (kind of!) Hope things slow down a little for you soon! It was so fun getting together with you guys while I was in town!
we hear ya about the jobs in st. georgie! Miss it there, but looks like we will be settling in SLC.
I love you! I am so happy for you about the hospital. I miss you so much and wish I lived closer to you!
wow, sounds like you guys have really kept yourselves busy but also sound like you are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment