11.05.2008

this is halloween

the pumpkins

Ryan's "Eagles"... Heidi's "Jack Skelington"... Haylee's "Oogie Boogie"

FHE - carving pumpkins, frosting sugar cookies, and {not pictured} eating Pumpkin Waffles

Friend Halloween party - thrown by Natalie & Logan Johnson and Skye & Cody Howick
...tons of fun, food, friends, and GREAT costumes...

Ryan had this great idea to be a "mexican" for Halloween. He started growing out his mustache and everything. We ended up dressing him like a mariachi singer and I was his senorita. It was awesome. Ryan LOVED being mexican, named himself Juan Carlos Pablito Rodrigues-Rodrigues, and even talked in spanish as much as he could...so freakin hilarious! Oh and we ended up winning the BEST COSTUME award at our party!


19 comments:

Whitney said...

You guys are so cute together! Your hubby looks like he was totally into his costume - his face is the best. And you guys are pro's at carving pumpkins! They look awesome!!

Julie said...

love the costume! Good work.

Natalie said...

You both looked awesome! I am still laughing at Ryan! He was so funny and you totally deserved the BEST COSTUMES!!!! You looked gorgeous by the way! I almost want to wear that dress to dinner or something! I am so glad that we are friends! Love you tons and see you tonight! Love Nat

Katie L said...

You guys made me giggle!! Everytime I look at the pics and see Ryan's Mexi face I just die!!!! I think you looked beautiful!! I'm excited for dinner with everyone tonight....I want some baby back ribs!!!

Melanie said...

What a fun Halloween. It came and went so fast. Thanks for the yummy cookies you made. Loves!

Angela said...

ha ha! I love Ryan as a Mexicano! And you looked great! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.

Erin said...

That is great Heidi! LOVE the costumes. What a funny idea. Ryan's face made me laugh out loud! Also love the pumpkins. So is there anything you DON'T do exceptionally well???

Anonymous said...

Nope, she's pretty much freaking amazing. I have such an awesome wife who really is so good at everything and boy am i lucky and grateful

Nielsen Family said...

Oh there is nothing like a Larsonland Halloween! I've been looking forward to your post. Your pumpkins are amazing and oh Esteban you make a great Senorita! Oh and btw when your music came on Emma stopped and turned to the computer and started giggling! haha

Alexis said...

I'm so glad I got to see you both dressed up and that I got to be with you! TMF! (tooo much fun)

Rachael said...

Awesome costumes! You can't even tell that neither of you are Mexican! :-)

Gretchen said...

HEhehehe!!! That is tht funniest thing I have ever seen!! Ryan cracks me up!! Hilarious!! You guys are great!! I think he must have a little MEX in him!! Oh that is so funny!!

I LOVE the pumpkins!! You guys are freakin' awesome!! Everything you do turns out perfecto! You are the most talented family ever!!

Nancy said...

Ditto to what Gretchen said!!

McFamily said...

What a fun Halloween! Your pumpkins were amazing! Hey we are going private so if you want leave me your email address and I'll send you an invite so we can keep in touch!

Camille said...

love the costumes!!

Jaime Miller said...

You and your husband are so cute! He seems like a lot of fun, maybe we need him to sub at bunco! You guys are hillarious.

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

You guys look incredible. I agree with another one of your "commenters" when I saw your pumpkins, I thought wow she even carves pumpkins with perfection. :) By the way Ella and I are coming down on the 20th and are staying for about a week. We NEED to get together.

Kristin said...

Ryan looks freakin' hillarious! Looks like you had way fun. It is always fun to check up on the Chongers!
(is that Skye dressed as a plig? SO FUNNY and at the same time I feel so bad for her. We went as pligs last year with another couple - yes Brian was wife #1 - and after the fact I was so mad we went as pligs, because everyone else got to look cute and we were stuck with no makeup lookin' nasty. I even had someone ask if I was wearing makeup to make my face look worse than wearing no make up. Nope. That was just my own nasty no make-up face. so sad.)

Cassidy Legg said...

Oh my heck that is the funniest thing. The first picture I was thinking did they go eat at a mexican food place. HA! He did so so GOOD! I love it