10.28.2008

The Happiest Place On Earth

I got to go to Disneyland with my Mom, Dad, Melanie and Haylee! We had an absolute blast. I've been wanting to go for quite a while and it finally worked out. Ryan and Clint weren't able to make it because they had to work. We got a 3 day pass and we definitely wore ourselves out! Thanks guys, for such a fun time. 

Some highlights of the trip:
1. Seeing all the Halloween decor. It was decked out so cute. The Haunted Mansion was amazing. My Dad was in 7th heaven (Halloween is his fave & so is Nightmare Before Christmas).
2. Pirates of the Caribbean was finally open! The past few times we have gone to Disneyland it has been closed.
3. Lunch at The Blue Bayou. It's the only place to get a decent meal in the park! The Monte Cristo is our favorite and the Mac n' Cheese is also the best we've tasted!
4. 'Year of a Hundred Dreams' firework show. It was awesome! We joined the HUGE crowd in front of the castle and watched in awe. The music and fireworks went together...pretty neat!
5. Too many churros & the best mango's ever!
6. The new Toy Story ride! The long line was worth the wait (unlike Finding Nemo).
7. Melanie losing her voice from screaming too much... gotta love Tower of Terror and Screamin'.
8. "It's peanut brittle you DUFUS!"
9. Turtle Talk with Crush. We had never been before and loved it!
10. Soaking our feet in the bathtub after a long day of walking. We were never back to the hotel in time to go hot-tubbing!
11. Being first in line on our last day there. Yes, we were hard-core!




11 comments:

Nancy said...

FUN!!!! Glad you finally posted pics...I've been checking! Love ya!

Gretchen said...

Oh my gosh...that looks like soooo much fun!! Disneyland is seriously my favorite place! I might be crazy, but I just LOVE it!! I loved the big pumpkin Micky!! How cute!! I bet you guys had a blast!! Did you just feel like a kid again???

Wendy said...

I just have one question --- did you guys laugh and smile the whole time?? It looks like you had a blast!!! Fun memories! Love you guys!

Whitney said...

I'm jealous! We love Disneyland as well and are in desperate need of a vacation!! I'm so glad you had a fun time and I bet that was neat to be there at Halloween time.

Nielsen Family said...

Ah I so wanted to go during the Year of a Hundred Dreams but it doesn't look like I'll make it. Marcus had never been to Disneyland so I took him to the one in Paris and it was trash! So dissappointing. So the last time I went was when we ate a million churros and of course "Roy."

hoLLY said...

how super fun! poor Ryan counldn't go ! looks like you girls had lots of fun! I would love to go there this time of the year!!

Angela said...

oooo, fun!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the post...I haven't even seen the pictures yet. It makes me want to go back! And to answer aunt Wendy's question, yes we laughed and smiled the entire time. FUN!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Disneyland but have not been there for years!!! It looks like sooo much fun! I can't wait to see you at Christmas! Love you!

Nic said...

Hey there, I'm sorry I'm blog-stalking you today... I just started surfing and ended up here. So I was wondering how you are related to Melanie? I used to look up to her so much in high school. She was my idol!!! I watched her cheer at games and wanted to be just like her. Plus that hair... She was so nice and sweet and GORGEOUS. You look great too btw. Your blog makes it look like red heads have all the fun :)

Erin said...

Yea! Does this mean my favorite blogger is back??? :) What a fabulous trip you guys had! You can't beat Disneyland (season passes are #1 on my Christmas list this year!). I loved the pic of you three girls with Halloween Minnie. Darling! Your family is so into Halloween. Love it! I also LOVE the new blog look. So fun Heidi!