Over the summer, Heidi started trying to have these late night talks with me while I was half-asleep about how we need to have a baby and I'd be like "What? I'm sleeping, talk to me when I'm awake." And it wasn't like I was trying to avoid it, I love kids and have always wanted to have kids, but it was more like I wanted to be more ready, have a place of our own, have more money, be more settled, and figure out what the heck I was going to do since my job at the time was not working out.
So she kept telling me she was going to stop taking her birth control and I would tell her she better not. But the more I started thinking about it, the more I starting feeling more comfortable about how we do need to start having kids soon. Why wait? I'm going to be 30 soon (holy cow! I know) and the funny thing was- we were working in the nursery at church and people said that it would make us not want to have kids, but it did the opposite and made me start thinking more and more-yeah, I do want to have a baby. I'm ready as I'll ever be.
Eventually we decided to take Heidi off her birth control and see what happens and while we were up in Seattle over Thanksgiving weekend, Heidi kept bugging me about how she needed to take a pregnancy test. But my little sister had just gotten married and I told her it was Ashley's weekend and we need to be excited for her but we can get a pregnancy test as soon as we get back to UT. And that's what we did. Driving home from the airport we stopped and bought one and sure enough it said positive! But we wanted to make sure so that's why we haven't said anything officially about it till now.
So yesterday Heidi and I went to the DTD (down there doc) and we got to hear our little baby's heartbeat. Wow! That was cool. It was beating so fast. We are both super excited and can't wait to have our little hapa baby (in Hawaiian that means half white/half asian baby). Coming from a from a family of all girls, Heidi's always wanted to have just girls, but it was good for her to get to spend time with our little nephew Tyler while we were in Seattle and see how fun and cute little boys are too. We both think we'll prob have a girl first which will be totally fine, as long as we get a few boys down the line. Either way, all our kids will be little ninjas, play the piano and violin, love sports, the Eagles, BYU, and Duke basketball.
So that's our news. It's official. Heidi's preggers and due around the beginning of August!
On another note we had a great Christmas and my favorite gift was the Eagles destroying the freaking cowboys and going to the playoffs. This is the year baby! All the Way! Super Bowl Champions the Philadelphia Eagles! please let it come true. Happy Holidays-love the Chongers




35 comments:
Congrats! That's very exciting news! Good luck with the pregnancy Heidi!
I was wondering when you would post about it!!!! Ryan, I cannot believe you called it the 'DOWN THERE DOCTOR!' You crack me up!!! Congrats tho guys...can't wait to be Aunty Katie!!!
How exciting, congrats!
yay!!! wlecome to the parent club! YOU guys are going to be awesome parents! Im sooo excited for you guys! Congrats and keep in touch! Summer babies are the best!
Katie, you obviously don't read TAMNers. you need to. it's so funny. She's the one that calls it DTD
Wahoo! i cant wait to see this little creation! Logan and i were talking about how cute your baby will be while driving home from Salt lake on Sunday! We cant wait! I am on Katie's side, I thought that Down there Doctor was some medical term. I know, I know, I am an idiot! Love you both, lets play soon!
Congrats! I cannot beleive you waited so long! Heidi's going to be the best mommy in the whole wide world.
Congrats thats so exciting! you will have beautiful hapa babies! i agree why wait... it will never be the right time and you'll never be completely ready! Congrats again!
Oh Ryan...you crack me up! Little ninjas huh?
Heidi, I'm so excited for you! Congrats! You guys are a really cute couple and will make a beautiful baby. I found your blog and have been meaning to comment and what a great opportunity to. Congrats again! Cassidy Bringhurst Hansen
Ryan, that is so awesome you are going to be a dad. Congrats! You'll love having a little one around. If you guys are ever down in Vegas, give us a call.
Congrats guys! I am so happy for you both!!!!!!!!!
How fun! I can't wait to see the baby! Let's see, red hair & ryans features? YAY! Hope you are feeling ok & not sick
We are so happy for you... you will be great parents! We love you!
That is super exciting! What a great way to start out the New Year! And, from a Mom of two boys...they are seriously so fun and I wouldn't mind another. :)
How fun. That is so exciting! Congrats.
YEA! What fun news you two! I'm so excited for you both. My mom told me the news about a week ago and I've been thrilled for you ever since. Hope you're feeling ok Heidi. Pretty fun stuff. :)
Congrats you guys, it's such a fun ride!
That is going to be the CUTEST little Ninja around. I can't wait to see him. I mean her. Whatever... I can't wait!!
Yeah! high five for Kristin. you're the only one that mentioned my little ninjas-besides Heidi and she doesn't count. You win a free week of kung-fu lessons
Ryan you crack me up!! I can't wait to see my little Ninja Niece or Nephew!! I'm so excited for you guys!
And I'm so excited about the Eagles...hopefully they will keep it rolling right into the super bowl!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting for you guys! Hope you are feeling good, Heidi. So fun!
Yippee! Finally a little LARSON cousin for my kids. We are so excited for you.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Hey Heidi! I ran across your blog on the Amos' blog and thought I'd say hi! Congrats on your pregnancy! That is super exciting! Does working on mom/baby (I'm pretty sure that's where you are?!) have anything to do with wanting a little one?? :) Kristin
haha Ryan is so dang funny! I'm so excited for you guys! How fun that you got to hear the heart beat. I can't wait to see your little "ninja". ha Love you guys!
DTD huh? LOL tell him he has no idea! Congrats I am so excited for you!
That's great news Heidi! Congrats!
Ryan, you are so funny!! I am so dang excited for you two!! I can't wait to see that little hepa ninja!! How fun that you got to hear the heartbeat! Isn't that the best thing ever to really hear that there is another little life inside your tummy. You just fall in love with it so much don't you!! Good luck with the pregnancy!! I am sooo thrilled for you!!
Congrats on the baby news! Being a parent is awesome and you guys will be great at it. Send us an invite to your blog so we can follow the baby chong news! Sniderfam121406@gmail.com!
melepikula.blogspot.com
Ryan hey it is Hannah. I saw your blog address on facebook. Congrats on the pregnancy. It is fun to be a parent and also exhausting. Check out our blog sometime.
congrats you guys!! Your little baby is going to be so stinking cute~ {you must have little angel nursery kids} lol. We were always told that if we waited until we were ready to have a baby {financially or emotionally} we would never have one. 3 little boys later, we still aren't ready!! :) ha ha
CONGRATS!!! your going to be soo cute prego!! also, you guys are going to have the HOTTEST half asain baby.... if you end up having a lot of kids please give one to me..
Congrats you guys! I am SO happy for you. I agree...you are going to have the cutest kids!
Post a Comment