6.17.2011

San Diego :: Girls Trip 2011

This post is nearly a month overdue!
Life has been a little crazy I guess.
My sisters, mom, aunt and I went down to San Diego for a much needed girls trip over Memorial Day weekend.
We celebrated Amber's birthday on the 27th and mine on the 29th!
It was a little weird not having the usual "family" birthday with lunch and a swimming party in the evening...
But it was so fun being able to spend it in San Diego.

This was at the yummiest Mexican restaurant we found in Del Mar for Amber's birthday...
Happy Birthday, Amber!
We were able to stay at our good friend Erin's house while she and her family were in St. George!
It was sooo nice to have such a beautiful home to stay in.
My mom gave everyone matching jammie pants!
We spent a lot of time in Del Mar...
such a cute little town and pretty beach!
Breakfast at Einstein's.
Dinner on the beach at a yummy seafood restaurant.
They gave Amber and I mudpies for our birthday!
Yumm!
We heard about this Breakfast place in downtown San Diego and thought we better go.
We pulled up and the line was almost an entire block!
And the wait ended up being almost 2 hours!
We decided after it was all said and done that it wasn't worth it.
The food was good, but not THAT good. :)
On my birthday we went to the GLEE concert!
We got tickets a couple days before and had to split up in twos.
So exciting!
Love Rachel and Finn!





What a fun trip.
Definitely needs to be an annual thing!
We are already starting to plan a trip to Vegas to see MEMPHIS when it comes in a year or two. :)

(Thank you Ryan for taking such good care of Whit while I was gone)

8 comments:

Erin said...

So THAT was a fun post that popped up in my reader tonight! LOVE IT! Looks like you guys had so much fun and I'm so glad! What was the name of the Mexican restaurant you found in Del Mar...was it on the 101? I think I've been to it but can't remember for sure. I had to laugh at that picture of you in my living room with all the remotes out on the table! None of those work! We have one remote that runs everything and I can't believe I didn't set it out for you! Did you ever find it? Too funny. I loved seeing your pictures. You all look so darling in matching p.j.'s! You are all welcome to stay at my house anytime!!!

Chelsey said...

oh my gosh that looked like it was AMAZING!! I want to see a Glee concert so bad haha.
:)

Anonymous said...

Ya, glad you girls had such a good time and were able to get away from your husbands and kids and enjoy yourselves for a bit. Just remember fair is fair this winter when I'm snowboarding in Tahoe with the boys.

Whitney said...

Oh my heck! That DOES look like so much fun!! What I wouldn't give for a vacay to SD right now. So glad you all had fun. Happy birthday to you too! (I can never remember that you are only 2 days after Amber). I bet your sweet little girl missed you a ton!

Alisha Bowling said...

Looks like you had a BLAST! I LOVE girls trips!! How fun!

Jennifer L said...

So much fun! Loved every minute. Glee was a bonus!!!

erica said...

aw, i love girls trips! so much fun.

and chris and i totally ran across that mexican restaurant in del mar last year. it was yummy! and such a fun atmosphere.

Camie said...

ah girl trips are THE BEST!! The glee concert looked like so much fun. You and your sisters and mom are all so beautiful...