9.23.2007

Okay, okay....

I have heard that you are all sick of looking at those family pictures...I am too!! I have been completely occupied with school stuff the past couple weeks and haven't had any time to do anything "fun." Well I will give you all a little update of what's going on with me lately. I started what is called my "preceptorship" for nursing school. During the last semester of the program, students get placed on a unit with one nurse who they are with for 135 hours. That is about 3 days a week for 4 weeks doing 12 hour shifs. This is what I had to get special permission from Weber State to be able to do in St. George. I also asked if I could do Labor and Delivery (which is uncommon) and my wish was granted! (Talk about spoiled) Anyways...I am loving it! Previously, I have been wondering what the heck I'm doing going into Nursing because it intimidates me and I haven't liked some of my experiences (old people to be exact). I found my place when I started on L&D. It has been so fun and I have learned a ton. I follow a nurse, but I get more independent after each shift. By the last day I will have my own patient that I'm responsible for. So yes, I get to check cervix's and the whole 9-yards. Anyways, just thought I'd clue you all in on that. :) So I have some cute pics from just random things lately, so I'll post those when I get them downloaded on my computer. Until next time, fellow bloggers. (Lisha, send me an ivite to view your blog. heidimchong at gmail dot com).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're busy. I am sure Ryan is looking forward to you being his suga' momma. Adam loves me being his. So how long do you have to work those shifts? Are you going to get a job doing the same thing? I bet births are exciting yet gross all at the same time. Do you ever get over the grossness?

.mel. said...

I bet that's fun working in Labor & Delivery!- you get to see all the cute babies!!! So believe it or not the pillows are from Kohls (I hate that store!) I just happen to go in there with my mom to get a regular pillow, and poof... I found those on clearance!!!! $5.99! Now that's a bargain! I love them too, they are super cute if I must say so myself! You'll have to go check it out & see if there are some left if you are interested!

Anonymous said...

finally a new post. haha j/k well it is good to know that you are loving L and D. I have a client, Rachelle
Loyd? I like that is her last name. She has got to be the happeist person I know. You would know exactly who I am talking about. She is a great Nurse. Well keep us updated.

Cassidy Legg said...

Heidi. My mother in law is a CNA in the mommy baby unit. She used to do the hear tests on the babies left for awhile and is just coming back this week. She loves it in there. Her name is Lori she is awesome I am sure you will be working with her....

CONGRATS I am way excited for you!!

Lisha said...

Hi Heidi! I will for sure send you an invite to my blog. I just have to say how jealous I am that you are doing your preceptorship on L&D. I would've loved that! (I did mine in the IMC). I'm glad you are loving it and I hope you continue to enjoy it too! I got pretty sick of hospitals after my preceptorship, so hang in there!:)I guess I will see you next Friday at Mel's wedding!:)

cami said...

Ok I am just reading this and that is awesome that you get to do your preceptorship in l & d. Aj will do his next semster I don't know if he could do it in er but i know that is where he would want to do. Right now he is working at a wonderful rest home as a lpn, which he loves. I was not made out for that job.