
GO: Last night Ryan and I played tennis with our friends Katie and Mark. We love getting together to play, but Ryan and I still haven't won a set yet!! This is probably due to the fact that I have no previous experience with tennis, other than a few peewee tennis classes at age 8. But Ryan has gotten me into playing and I acually enjoy it. I have noticed that I hardly have any competitiveness in me though! If we lose, I don't really care...I just play for fun. Last night was a different story. We played one set and lost like 3-6 or something...nothing new. FIGHT: So we challenged Mark and Katie to another quick set. I was actually determined to win!! We started off really good and won the first 2 or 3 games and then they started catching up to us! We were tied at 4-4 and then it started getting ugly. Ryan and I had to win! (Even if it meant pegging Katie in the thigh with a ball going 100 mph). Ouch! Yes, Ryan accidently hit Katie and she is sadly used to it by now because for some reason she always gets hit!! Then Katie grabbed a tennis ball the wrong way and tore one of her nails in half! She could barely hold her raquet! WIN: So "miraculously" Ryan and I won the next two games with a score of 6-4! Yay! I'm so proud of us. I feel bad that Katie was damaged and gave us an advantage! But we still won and we were so excited. So we headed off to get our "after tennis treat" Golden Spoon and that is a whole other story in itself! Quick version: we get there at like 5 minutes to closing time and there was a line ahead of us. By the time we get to order, the girls are putting away stuff (instead of asking what we wanted) and giving us ugly looks! We were able to sample a couple flavors and got "are you done yet because we are actually closed" in an ugly attitude voice. Ewww...it's not our fault there was a long line. Anyways, it was nasty and Katie called the manager today and ripped on the employee. Haha! I love it. What a fantastic night. 
10.24.2007
go. fight. win.
Posted by
Heidi
at
2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I love, love, love it when you get fiesty! You go girl!
i have been trying to get adam to play tennis with me for awhile. but we havent had a chance yet. I think it will be the same though.... I am not good :) sounds fun
I think my Mom told me about Golden Spoon. Is it the new place by the movie theater? I heard it was a must try.
Oh and also what you are doing with Tennis...we're doing with golf. Yeah I stink but Marcus gives me a 7 iron and lets my hack my way up the green!
You are so funny! I love how you can just "hear" you telling this story! I am excoted to be blogging buddies now1 Your blog is sooo cute! You need to teach me a few tricks! How did you get the darling fall background? I love it!
Post a Comment