11.12.2007

Heidi's working

I haven't been planning on working until I get my RN, but the best job just presented itself to me! My sisters friend, friend had twin boys at like 26 weeks. This was a little over 3 months ago and they are both home now from the NICU. The mom isn't getting any sleep and because of it can't function to take care of her babies. So she talked to my sisters friend (Emily) about hiring someone to help her out. Emily thought of me and called me up to see if I was interested. She said that she wants someone to come a few nights a week and get up with the babies for their night-time feedings and medications...for a very decent pay! I was like, heck yes! So I went today to meet the cute little babies and I'm so excited for this job. It will work out good with my schedule and it will be good for my nursing career too. Not to mention, teach me a few things about being a mom! So I start tomorrow night and I'll let you all know how it goes.

13 comments:

.mel. said...

Your blog looks DARLING! I'm jealous of it! Sounds like a fun new job too! Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I need a job like that! I called a few people in my ward today to let them know I am looking for a new job...hopefully someone will hear or see something soon.

Alexis said...

Congratulations! Sounds so perf for you, I am excited. Sounds like such a blessing. I freaking love you and miss you and can't wait to spend more time with you.

stefanie said...

The job sounds awesome! Great birth control too, right?!! ;) And I'm with Mel, LOVE the new blog!

Kristin said...

That is so great!!! I am excited for you. Your blog looks adorable! I can't wait to hear how you like motherhood. Hopefully it won't keep you from starting your own little family. I can't wait to see some little Chongs.

Nielsen Family said...

How fun Heids! I bet they are so stinkin cute....just like your freakin page! LOVE IT! Especially the header...adorable!

Anonymous said...

Heidi i am so glad you commented. Don't worry I am so a blog stocker. That sounds creepy but it is just fun to see what everyone is up to. I will add you to my blogger list so I can keep up to date with you! SO fun!

Gretchen said...

Wow! You are probably up rocking babies right now! You are going to be so prepared to be a mommy! that is so awesome! It sounds like a hard job to me! Way to go! This will either make you really want a baby, or make you really want to Wait for a baby! Great way to "try" it out first! Good luck! They are so lucky to have you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi!
I love the "Chong" title on the page! Its beautiful! I'm excited for your job! It'll definitely give you a feel for how twins are! How many days a week are you doing that? So, you guys are going to Disneyland? I think I went when I was a baby. I don't remember it at all. Can't wait to see pictures of it! Guess what? I think I'll be able to get off Wed-Fri. I'm just waiting to see the final schedule. Also, things are going good w/ that guy at my work. We've been writing notes everyday at work and we're going to go out soon! =)

Jake & Becca said...

Oh my goodness I'm glad to find you again! Congrats on the job you will be awesome. Your blog is so amazingly cute- just like your cute crafty things that you did for ward activities. Good luck and lets stay in touch.

Camie said...

That sound slike a great job for you. Can I hire you when I move back to SG...I would love to have you watching my kids :) Those are two lucky little babies to have you watching over them.

Lexie said...

That sounds like it's going to be such a good job! I'm so excited for you. Your layout is SO ca-ute too! You'll have to teach me how to do a cute one!

Anonymous said...

cute new page, i just love it. well good luck with your new job. tell us how it goes.