So this is my 1st blog post-it's taken me a while to finally write after Kami tagged me a few weeks ago, I've been busy trying to study for my licensing test-ugh! I'll start with a shout out and congrats to Mark and Melissa who had their 2nd baby girl last week. Also wanted to send a shout out to the Larson family for letting us live with them and eat their food and all. If we had come down here and tried to pay $1000/month for rent with me making my $6/hr, sheesh, there's no way we would have made it-so thanks to them. So here we go with my 6 things eh?
1. I love traveling and learning abt other cultures and people and languages. I've been to Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Belize, and Canada eh? I served my mission in France and when I got back I studied a little Spanish at BYU and picked it up pretty easily cuz it's really similar to French. I also studied Mandarin Chinese for my International Studies major and took a little beginning sign language. One of my dreams in life is to travel all throughout the world and try to visit every temple. One day...
2. I'm totally a sports junkie. Fantasy football, Madden, Wii, ESPN Scene -it, anything sports related. I love all sports and love staying active playing soccer, tennis, basketball, golf, softball, ping pong, badmitton, whatever-bring it. I'm on a flag fb team right now-it's a lot of fun even though we get killed every game. And we've been doing a mostly once a week tennis match with Mark and Katie and have them right where they should be-the losers with us dominating them last time-haha-yes! I know random sports trivia and stats and colleges where pro players went to school. Love my Duke Bball and Philly Eagles. yeah yeah, I've always loved them and prob always will even when my Eagles really struggle like they are this yr.
3. Quoting Michael Scott from the Office, "I'm a little kid lover." I recently got to coach my 6 yr old nephew Connor's soccer team and had so much fun and they did so awesome! I've always loved playing with little kids, making them laugh, tickling them, making funny faces at them-but I don't do diapers. I'm excited to have kids of our own, I've got it all planned out, I'd love to have twins if possible (a boy and girl at the same time) but Heidi's new job will, I'm sure make her never want them, even if we somehow could. So I want 2 girls and 3 boys, and already have their names all picked out. Since I'm Chinese, I want my kids to remember their roots-so for the boys, they'll be Peking Duck, General Tsao, and Kung Pao, and the girls will be named Moo Shoo and Lemon Chicken.
4. I'm a Utahn for life. I look different than most Utahns, but even though I have this darker skin, I still think I'm white. Growing up I was a navy brat, born in Cali, moved to Okinawa, Japan when I was 5, moved to WA when I was 9. Came to BYU in 97 and never left UT so I could find my wife and it took a while but it worked. I don't see myself moving back to WA. I like UT-there's a lot to do, I love snowboarding and 4wheeling and I am really enjoying the warm weather down here -it's Thanksgiving time and I can still wear shorts and short sleeves and love that I can play tennis and golf all year round. Not much of a Jazz fan though.
5. I've never been a fan of pets. I hate cats, think they are totally nasty, and never thought I'd have my own dog let alone let her sleep in our bed with us. We never had a pet growing up besides a pet turtle and he didn't last long cuz he stunk so we got rid of him. So I wasn't really planning on having any pets, but Libby really helped me warm up to the idea of having a dog and Chloe has been such a fun little handful and I am glad we got her. She thinks she's so tough but she really has so much personality and loves checking people out and pawing at them. I've really grown to love her and love playing fetch with her and teasing her and love this video of her when we 1st got her.
6. So when I was in high school one day this girl was reading tarot cards and she saw my future. She told me I'd be rich, that I'd have a happy and successful life, and that I'd find my true love. I totally have always believed her, not so much cuz I believe in voodoo and psychics and all, but more that I always thought that's how my life would turn out anyway and so far so good. I'm really excited for my new job, it's something that I wanted to learn abt anyway and hopefully will work out for us. I found my love and am so happily married, it's been so fun and we get along so well. Heidi's such a great wife and will be such an awesome mom and is all that I was looking for. Love you babe. So there you go, there's my 6 things...thanks Kami. This was actually kinda fun but I'll let Heidi take the blogging back over so that she can keep up her obsession. peace.
11.20.2007
Ni Hao
Posted by
Heidi
at
8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
You are so cute Ry, that was fun to read about you! I think you should do more posts! You two are the cutest couple!
Wow. Reading your blog was a great way to start out my morning at school. I sure love you guys and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll miss you tomorrow, but I'll see you Friday. Make sure Amber gives you the amish bread I made. You can have one whole loaf to yourself. Loves-Mel
Chongster! You really should think about blogging much more often - you are quite the entertainer... always have been! Sounds like you guys are doing so well, I am glad! Your dog is freaking cute, by the way.
Ang
Loved this post it was nice to learn a little more about you. I'm excited for us to get together this year so we can talk. I'm with you on the pets but Marcus hasn't won yet on the cat issue and probably never will! haha You'll have to ask Heidi what happened to Libby when I used to sleep over. Oh and Heidi...loved the video and I miss your laugh!!!
Thanks RYAN! I have been waiting to read your info... and Cody and I learned a lot about you. We LOVED the pics, of course the one of you with your "peace sign" and of course reading about your future children's names. You are a hoot. We are SO excited to see you all around the new year in Seattle!
Ryan - I want you to know that even though I have no way of practicing ping pong up here I could still kick your trash any time, anywhere. You no see ball good - small chinese eye. I see ball good - big american eye.
Cody
I love that sometimes you think you're white. I sometimes think I am African American.
Ryan,Welcome to legal stalking. I too have become a member. I too have the power of the Taro and your friend forgot to mention that when you're rich, we are going to rent out your pool house for a $100 a month. Weird huh? The Jazz are the bomb; don't fight the feeling. Your kids sound tasty. I promise not to eat them when they play with Ella, but don't be surprised if I stand real close and smell them a lot. Love you guys.
Sita
Hey Ryan,
Thanks for writing that. I got to find out some new things about you I love it! You should write more. Love ya bradah. =)
Post a Comment