I had my interview today at the hospital. I felt a bit intimidated as I sat in front of 3 women asking me all sorts of questions. They wanted to know about my work experience, why they should hire me over someone else, why I want to be accepted, what I would do if I had a conflict with another nurse or saw a co-worker treat a patient poorly, and then they gave me a list of 4 patients all with different symptoms and wanted me to prioritize their care (I should have mastered this because EVERY other question on my NCLEX was this same type of question). I think I did okay. I felt confident and the interviewer (who I've met before) told me after that I did good and I didn't seem nervous. :) Wa-hoo. I will find out if they hire me in the next couple weeks. So this is what will happen if they DO hire me: I start in June and I will be able to pick 3 areas where I want to get experience in. I will spend 5 weeks total in each area and then after that I will start applying and interviewing for the job I'm most interested in. Then once I get hired, they will start orienting me to the position. So by the time the 12-week internship is over, I will have an actual job! I'll for sure let you all know what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Good Job babe! I'm so proud of you and glad that your interview went so well. I'm so excited for you and know you'll get it and be great! my cute little nurse-i love you so much
I am positive that you did great! You are great with people! Way to go Nurse Heidi!!!
That's so excited Heid! I'm sure you did awesome in your interview. I'm so excited for you.
Congrats!!! That is exciting! Are you going to be wanting to work in L&D or what?
Good luck with getting the job. I am sure that you did wonderfully. You have an impressive personality and a look that people remember with your beautiful red hair and blue eyes. You will do a terrific job with whatever job you get!
Oh I'm sure you did great! Who wouldn't love you...seriously? So what 3 areas are you interested in?
As I was in the hospital with Kristin I kept thinking about you being one of the nurses running around. You are such a natural for that. You have always been so caring and thoughtful of others. I am sure the three women picked up on that in your interview. Best of luck!
who wouldn't want to hire you? I'm sure they love love loved you. Yeah, what three areas? Talk to you soon, hopefully!
Heids!! Love you girl!!! You totally nailed it!!!
I think you would be great at Labor and Delivery and the NICU. To this day I love my NICU nurses and all that they helped me through. We were with them every day for six months.
Heids-Best of luck with everything. I am so excited for you. You'll get in--I agree 100% with everyone who has left comments before mine. Loves.
YAY! I bet you did so good! I agree with Dana, I would have loved to have you be my l&d nurse or Brok's NICU nurse. You have always been so awesome, I still have a cute note you wrote me way back when I really needed it!
Love ya!
GOOD LUCK! I am sure you have it in the bag. YOU are so stinkin cute they love you already :)
Post a Comment