11.10.2009

Santa Monica - Whitney's first vacay

September 18-20, 2009

When Mel and Clint were down in Cali for In-Vitro...
they got to stay at this beautiful beach house...
Haylee knows the owners and they were so nice to let them stay there. Haylee decided she wanted to go down for the weekend too...so Whitney, Sheila, and I decided to go with her. We left Thursday night...had a little tire problem in Vegas...but safely made it there at 1 am! We pretty much just laid around all weekend. It was the cutest/nicest beach house I've ever seen. It was RIGHT across the street from the Beach. Santa Monica is such a fun and beautiful place. We did some shopping at some outdoor shops, ate at PF changs & cheesecake factory, and watched a few movies on the apple tv. (house bunny is pretty hilarious by the way). I tried taking whitney on a walk down by the beach, but she was too fussy! She was pretty fussy the whole time, but did okay for being away her first time and for being in the car for so long!

Bathtime! Whitney loves her bath. This sink is the perfect sink for baths. I want one.
We spotted these cool flowers at the house next to us. I loved them!
The background is so dark...but I was trying to take a picture of Whitney's "china fro." It was hilarious! Her little face in these pics turned out so cute. I just love that little girl.
When we found the Cheesecake Factory via our trusty GPS...this is what the sign looked like. We thought we were at the wrong place! Ha ha.
Hay and She enjoying a little changs' spicy chicken, mongolian beef, honey shrimp, and mango iced tea...
Gotta love the California sunset!
The Santa Monica Pier
A big thanks to Jeremy for letting us stay at your beautiful house.
And a big thanks to Skyler for letting us use your trusty GPS...couldn't have done it w/o it...even if it tried taking us on a wild goose-chase to get home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...not even a single mention of how poor Ryan had to stay home and work and go to school while the girls got to play and hang out at the beach. I had a great time too thanks...

Nielsen Family said...

Poor poor Ryan. Haha! Well I'm glad you had fun. That looks beautiful. I love the Cheesecake Factory sign. I would have doubted it myself.

Ashley Chong said...

How nice! I want to go to the beach so bad! Farrah says she wants to go to Hawaii all of us as a family and rent a beach house because its been so long like 9 whole years since our last family vacation there but we don't know how we could all go or when? She said she'd have to go before she gets too preg. like in Feb. Ryan and Derek have school though. =/ I'm just researching house rentals for fun to see how much they cost.