5.10.2010

Elder Chong

Reid got his mission call today!
He will be leaving September 1st to serve the people of...

MEXICO CITY, MEXICO!

We are so proud of Reid and wish him the best.
He will be a great missionary.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, Heidi beat me to it. I was going to blog abt Reid. Yeah, congrats to my little bro. We are so proud of him and know he'll do awesome. The Mexican people will love him cuz they'll be able to look him eye to eye cuz he'll be the same height as them. haha
felicidades hermano y buen suerte! vaya con Dios

BJ and Amber said...

How exciting! Tell him congrats from us.

Melanie said...

Reid is so dang cute. Seriously. He will be the best American missionary, who looks like an Asian, speaking Espanol in Mexico. Exciting!

Bonnie said...

Hey, that would be a great mission...he can use spanish his whole life. Wish I knew how to speak that language.
BTW~Whitney is about as cute as they come! I sure wish you were working tonight because Dayna and Austin had Drew at 5:30 this evening. He is 6 lbs 11 oz. and 18 inches long. Kinda reddish blond hair. Cute as a button! Bet it feels good to have a day off. You are a cute mom Heidi...and I hear that you are also an amazing NURSE! Kathy Hall still raves about you! Doesn't even surprise me. :)

Ashley Chong said...

Yeah, we're all proud of Reid and anxious for him to get there! I hope he does blend in. It's pretty dangerous there I hear with the drug wars being pretty bad. I know he's going to have an eye opening experience since he's never been out of the country. Anyone know what cities are included in the Mexico City West Mission or know anyone that's served in that mission? I've been telling Reid he has to brush up on his Spanish. Our ward includes a Spanish branch and missionaries so we're going to have him come with us on Sundays and get him hooked up with the missionaries. So excited for you and Ryan and Whitney to come this summer!!!

Ashley Chong said...

Just to clarify, I'm not anxious for him to leave just nervous/anxious for all the experiences ahead that he'll have.